Media Training to Prepare You to Deliver Your Best
Our mission is to help you face the media with a clear understanding of how various outlets work and how to navigate interviews strategically while delivering your message confidently, clearly, and memorably.
Our approach is effective because we know how the media work and how to help people make changes from the inside out. We begin with research, strategy, and messaging, and we focus on how you operate as a human being to help you make the quickest and most profound transformation.
Even very effective communicators can elevate their communication skills, particularly as they relate to specific situations such as media interviews. Your mindset, habits, and understanding of your audience(s) are as important as your goals, messages, and the technicalities of working with the camera which is why we address all of these factors in our training.
Results You Can Expect From Your Media Training Program
• learn the ins and outs of working with various types of media;
• have compelling, memorable messages to share in interviews;
• be able to answer even the toughest questions calmly and confidently and pivot when appropriate;
• look and feel comfortable and confident on camera and in any interview situation;
• elevate your communication skills and eliminate distracting habits;
• learn how to manage nervousness and gain mental focus before interviews and other high-stakes situations;
• and become a go-to source for the media.
All training is customized and confidential, for individuals or groups.
WE HAVE PREPARED CLIENTS FOR INTERVIEWS WITH HUNDREDS OF OUTLETS, INCLUDING THESE:
About Lisa Elia, Our Founder & Lead Trainer
Lisa Elia, the founder and lead trainer of Expert Media Training, spent decades running her own Los Angeles-based PR firm, working with hundreds of media outlets on a daily basis, developing pitches, and preparing her clients to deliver interviews that not only pleased the media bookers but also served the client’s goals. She has prepared thousands of clients for interviews with TODAY, GMA, The Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Businessweek, CNBC, CNN, ESPN, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, and hundreds of other outlets as well as keynote speeches, investor pitches and other high-stakes situations. She has been interviewed for national media outlets that include Inc., Entertainment Tonight, E!, and many others.
We provide media training to a wide variety of individuals and organizations, including: